Saturday, July 09, 2005

An Idea

I went out to dinner with my friend Lisa tonight. That was fun because I like Lisa and I also like to eat. We headed out with her friend Kate to Oyamel, a Mexican restaurant in Crystal City, near DC.

Oyamel is really good, the food is well made and fills ya up well. It was here that Lisa and I created our new business plan. Lisa is moving to Ithaca, New York soon, so I'm not sure we'll ever get a chance to do it, but I think it would be a hit.

We realized how much we love cheese. I know, duh, right? But I think that almost everyone - save for some crazy vegans (like Kate) - love cheese. Hell, even the vegans love it, they just can't admit it. They're cheese deniers.

Why don't we see more cheese stores? I mean full-on-hey-you-eat-this-feta cheese stores. So Lisa and I are going to get some money together and open a full service cheese shop. We'll have tastings and fondue. We'll have arty looking cows painted on the wall and partner with a wine store down the street. We'll fly in the face of lactose intolerance.

Everyone business needs an excellent name - something to pull the people in and stick in their mind. To draw the good cheese loving people of the world to our door.

That's why we're opening "Straight From the Cow, Into Your Mouth."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home