Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Not Yet!

I have nothing against older people.

In fact, I have a lot of respect for AARP and their work, especially after they were wrongly attacked by USANext, a conservative advocacy group promoting corporate wealth.

I get odd mail all the time, catalogs for odd home remedies (magnets to cure body odor?) and ugly collectibles, even promotions for PlayBoy magazine (they're not doing their research).

I reached a whole new level of shock (supa-shock?) when I received a letter from the AARP, complete with temporary membership card, in the mail today.

I thought they may have me confused with my father - we have similar names - but no, there's my middle initial, front and center.

The letter is nice, I suppose they mean well:
Our records show that you haven't yet registered for the benefits of AARP membership, even though you are fully eligible.

As a member, you'll have the resources and information you need to get the most out of life over 50. You'll have access to exclusive discounts.
I have to admit, those discounts are tempting, as are some of the benefits listed in the letter. It's why older people look so darn happy - look at some of the fun benefits for only $12.50 a year!
  • Save at thousands of hotels, motels and resorts worldwide.
  • Low-interest, no-fee AARP credit card.
  • An AARP safe-driving course.
  • And More!
  • Tempting, but I'm twenty-nine!
    I look forward to your joining us. I think you'll agree with our other members: AARP is one of America's very best values.
    29!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home