Monday, March 21, 2005

Uh oh



Nothing strikes fear into the heart of a liberal blogger as much as finding the above entry in your "recent visitors" list.

usdoj.gov. The United States Department of Justice. I thought maybe the entry was faked - something I suppose could be done. Then I noticed that the operating system was Windows NT4.0, the browser was Netscape 7.0 and the resolution was 800x600. Old operating system, browser and resolution? That's the U.S. government alright.

I hope they enjoyed their 3 minutes and 41 seconds on my site. Everything on my blog instantly became suspect to me. Were the "Osama Happy Heads" a bit too much? Maybe I shouldn't have talked about President Bush getting 12 hours of sleep each night. Was the "You're with us or you're against us." stance a bit extreme regarding gay marriage?

I realize not one of these posts is out of line -but maybe the sum is greater than the parts? Would I be able to blog from Camp X-Ray? How much can you say about a prison in Cuba? (I don't want to know.)

Then again, I feel you're not truly a blogger until you receive your first cease and desist order. A Federal Sopeana could instantly elevate me to Daou Report level!

In for a penny, in for a pound:
Salon.com - actually a very interesting article regarding the suppression of public opinion polls in the Terri Schiavo case. [free if you watch a quick ad]

Bring it on Gonzales!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home