Friday, October 21, 2005

Fridays with Lisa - 10/21/05

Yet another foray into the chat and mind of Post TV Columnist Lisa de Moraes.

Here's her latest column.
Rockville, Md.: Hi Lisa. What happened to "My Wife and Kids?" Surely it didn't bite the dust before "According to Jim."

Lisa de Moraes: Alas, that is exactly what happened.
I had no idea that My Wife and Kids had been cancelled. I watched a few episodes last year and it seemed like a decent show - if not too derivitive of other shows on the air (then again, what show isn't?).

So long My Wife ... we hardly knew ye. Or, rather, not enough people knew you on a regular basis.

Ballston, Va.: I know you favor Lost on Wednesday at 9:00, but please tell me you at least TiVo Veronica Mars so I won't think you're a total ditz who is completely udeserving of her job.

Lisa de Moraes: Notwithstanding the fact that I am a total ditz who is completely undeserving of her job, I watch Veronica Mars which, I'm happy to note, is having a pretty good season, ratingswise (with apologies to non-numbers chatter).

Excellent. I've only just gotten into Veronica Mars this season despite the fact that I saw an episode last season and liked it a lot. I had trouble remembering when it was on. I still don't know when it's on, but it shows up on my TiVo once a week.

I never got into 'Lost'. I don't have the time to get hooked on another show at the moment.

Gaithersburg, Md.: I'm so happy! Tuesday has stayed my fave night of TV! I was scared after "Judging Amy" was cancelled, but now ... I have my "Gilmore Girls" at 8, and then I flip on over to my new fave, "Commander in Chief" at 9. That's finished by watching "Great Chefs of the World" on Discovery Home at 10! FANTASTIC!

Lisa de Moraes: I! Am! So! Happy! For! You!!! But, no House? No Earl? Tuesday has become a really hot night of TV.

For the record - even though I watch Gilmore Girls and Commander in Chief, I did not submit this question. I don't even have the Discovery Home channel. (There's a Discovery Home channel?!) Also, Judging Amy? *makes sticking-finger-down-throat-heavie sound*

Still not into My Name is Earl

Philadelphia, Pa.: The ABC affiliate in Philadelphia repeatedly displays advertisement banners for the upcoming local news on the bottom of the screen during network programs, even covering over subtitles during ALIAS last season. ...

Lisa de Moraes: Yes, contact one of the people who cover television in Philly and hope that they will write about it and embarass the station into changing it. ...

I'm sure this will be a post on its own eventually. Stations - especially cable stations - are going way over the line with promotions during shows. Oxygen's promotions during shows cover almost half the screen.

And why does FOX have to plug reruns of The Simpsons during reruns of The Simpsons?! I'm already watching the damn show - your promotion worked - now knock it off!

On that angry note, another tasty chat with a creamy filled center is finished. Thanks, Lisa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home