Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Tivi!

New addictions are always fun.

I've been bitten by the TiVo bug. The bite is painless, but watch your wallet.

Actually, it was quite a deal. Because of the $150 rebate that TiVo is offering, a 140-hour recorder cost me 50 dollars. There's a monthly charge, but I worked that out. I simply cancelled my NetFlix account before I signed up for TiVo. Now I'm actually saving 8 bucks a month.

I set it up yesterday, and so far so good, but it takes some getting used to. I still forget to pause TV when I go to the bathroom, so I'm in the middle of peeing before I remember I can pause live TV.

I'm sure I'll be writing more about TiVo, but one bonus I've found is that you actually can see videos on Mtv. Mtv really does play videos, but only between 3am and 6am. So, just set little tivi to record those hours and you can see what videos Mtv still plays. Not bad stuff actually.

Edit: I just finished watching the three hours of Mtv. It was mostly fast forwarding through commercials. Here's what pissed me off. They have three hours a DAY to fill with videos and they REPEATED SIX VIDEOS. You only have three hours and you can't find original material for the whole thing?! C'mon!

VERY lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home