Monday, May 09, 2005

It is Happening Again



I like to fall asleep to the television every night. I get that from my mother. But when I go home to visit my parents, there is no television in my bedroom.

So I usually put on the radio to listen to some talk show or another. That's how I discovered "Coast to Coast AM." It's on after 1am every night. It's probably on where you live too. The host George Noory (it used to be Art Bell) interviews people whose beliefs are, well, a little different.

Alien abductions, the holy grail, talking ghosts and predictions of the future are all showcased. It's not as cheesy as it sounds - it can be quite compelling. Enough to make me turn on the light in my room at 2am. (I've never been fond of aliens, and the trees outside my bedroom make weird noises on the wall.)

Since I'm usually home around the time of the New Year, I usually hear the annual predictions episode. These claims seem outlandish, yet they stick with me.

So, naturally, David Morton's predictions of 2002 continue to rattle around in my brain. Let's take a look.
  • A concerted terrorist attack on 5 major US airports (Chicago, Dallas, Salt Lake, NYC, LA) will occur in late August 2003.
Hmm.... OK, this did not happen, unless it was planned and thwarted by the US Government.
  • War with Iraq will begin somewhere between Jan. 15th and Feb.1, 2003, and will eventually expand into Iran. Libya is also going to be a major player and will have “Excalibur nukes.”
The begin date is close and Iran is definitely become a bigger player. The Libyan connection doesn't seem to pan out.
  • We will have an unusually cold “Siberian Express” winter across major portions of the U.S. this year, which will lead to massive flooding in the spring.
Nope.

But here's the one that made the hair on my arms stand up today.
  • Sometime between 2005 and 2010, the federal capital will move to Denver as Washington DC becomes indefensible in the face of further terrorism.
From The Washington Post, 5/9/05:
CIA Plans to Shift Work to Denver - Domestic Division Would Be Moved

The CIA has plans to relocate the headquarters of its domestic division, which is responsible for operations and recruitment in the United States, from the CIA's Langley headquarters to Denver, a move designed to promote innovation, according to U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials.

Now I know, this isn't the whole government - and they are giving a different reason for the move, but that didn't stop my eyes from getting wide and me saying out loud "Holy Shmole."

Let's hope the last prediction of 2002 is a bust:
  • China will eventually run out of food and decide to attack the US with a 200 million-strong army that will enter our country via Alaska, sometime between 2015-2020.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home