Friday, February 11, 2005

Size Matters

I'm a little disappointed in the amount of snow this year. I know that I have to get used to having less snow now that I live south of the Mason-Dixon line, and yet I still can't help pining for the snow we used to get up in Buffalo.

Snowforts and snowball fights, catching snowflakes on your tongue and avoiding yellow snow: I miss all of it. For all the bitching that people do in DC about the weather [and there is plenty of it] they have to admit that this winter has been as mild as a Paul McCarthy halftime.

I'm still holding out hope for a blizzard in late February.

Next week - highs in the 50's. *sigh*

2 Comments:

At 2/12/2005 11:13 AM, Blogger Rhodent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/12/2005 11:14 AM, Blogger Rhodent said...

I can remember how much I loved the snow as a child in rural New Jersey. Then we moved to Florida. I have had a few wonderful times "visiting" the snow. I suppose if I had to drive to work in it I might feel a bit differently. But if I had never lived in Florida I wouldn't have known the difference! sigh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home