Monday, August 01, 2005

Drugs and Shampoo

Coincidences are fun. Sometimes the most random things can just make your day. It's happened to me several times in the past few days.

I waited in a really long line for prescriptions at CVS. There's always a line at CVS, I'm not sure why I don't go somewhere else. If I needed a really important medication, I'd be dead by the time they got to me. But they're nice and they don't give me dirty looks for all the drugs I get, so I go.

On a recent trip I was finally at the counter and the pharmacist asked for my birthday, "April 2nd, 1976," I said, and all of a sudden the girl behind me says "What? My birthday is April 2nd, 1976." She was born on the exact same day as I was. "Wow!" I said, and then we realized that we had nothing else to say to one another, and I left.

Just last Friday I was getting my hair cut when we paused for a hair washing. They always have the most amazing conditioner at the salon - I keep asking to buy it, but they say it's not available on the market. I need to find out what it's called so I can get it on eBay. You can get anything on eBay.

So there I am, getting my luxurious locks rinsed, and I was talking to the woman washing my hair about going home this weekend to Buffalo. Bam! The guy getting his hair washed right next to me was from Buffalo, too.

No one that says they are from Buffalo is actually from the city of Buffalo, so I asked him which suburb he grew up in. "Amherst," he said, and closed his eyes and turned away. "My, my," I thought, "you act just like all the other assholes in Amherst, too!"

I don't know how many people from the Buffalo area read this chat, so I should make sure no one misunderstands my sentiment in the last statement.

I don't want to be insulting to everyone. I'm only saying that if you were raised in Amherst, NY, you are a little bitch asshole. All of you.

It's amazing the little things that make you happy, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home